When you visit our website, sign up to our newsletter or inquire about our services, we collect personal information about you. This policy provides you with information about:
- What personal information we collect
- How and why we collect it
- How we protect it
- How you can access it
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information you voluntarily provide us, for example when you submit your details on our website, send us an enquiry or purchase order, complete an online form to contact us, or to register for our newsletter. This can include:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your company name and address
- Your job title
- Your phone number(s)
We automatically collect other technical information when you visit our website too, including:
- IP address
- Login information
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Time zone
- Pages you have visited on our website
- Services you have searched for
- Page interactions
- Phone numbers used to call our team
How do we use your personal information?
We will only use your information to:
- Improve our website experience and provide you with the best customer service we can
- Respond to any requests
- Send you updates, including about the regulations, our products, services and events
- Ensure that our website presents content in the most effective manner for you
- Validate your email address and confirm your eligibility to use our site
- Administer our site, including data analysis, research and statistics
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service
- Keep our site safe and secure
We will never sell your data or use it for purposes that are not related to our core business services. We may however disclose your information if we are required to do so under legal obligation or to enforce the terms of our agreements including contracts and terms and conditions.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for us to do so. The retention period can vary considerably, depending on the type of information and how we use it. For example, we are required to retain data relating to our sales and orders to you for six years
When we no longer require your personal information, and there is no need to retain it for regulatory or legal reasons, we will either delete it from our systems or de-personalise it so that you cannot be identified.
Opting out of communications
If you would prefer not to be contacted by Palintest, including receiving our newsletter or responding to an enquiry, please email our team on email@example.com. Please note you can opt out of email newsletters at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
How and what we collect
We collect information through web forms and via communications you send us using email or phone. We also collect information about how people use our website, so we can improve the website. All information you pass to us is stored on secure servers and may be transferred to or stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). You agree to this by submitting information to us.
How to find out what data we have about you
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
The Company Secretary, Palintest Ltd, Palintest House, Team Valley, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, England, NE11.
We will send you the information that you request within a maximum of 20 working days and we are happy to correct any inaccuracies that you inform us about. This service is usually free of charge, however in some circumstances we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’.
We use secure SSL certification to encrypt all our web pages, including sensitive personal information that you enter in our web forms before it is then sent to us. We store and manage this information securely to prevent unauthorised access.
Rejecting and deleting cookies
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis
- Block third party cookies
- Block cookies from particular sites
- Block all cookies from being set
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from. Under settings, you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
You can find more information on how to delete and control cookies at the About Cookies website. Alternatively, the links below take you to the ‘Help’ sections for each of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies:
Cookies used by Palintest:
- 'Strictly necessary' cookies - These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. We currently use no cookies in this category.
- Functional cookies - These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can’t identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet, but may help with serving advertising. We currently use no cookies in this category.
- Analytics cookies - In order to keep our digital products and services relevant, easy-to-use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use them. For example, we can see which parts of the services are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best. Further information can be found on the Google Analytics website.
- _utma - This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to our site and it is updated with each page view
- _utmb - This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with our site. Each time a user visits a different page on our site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on our site for longer than 30 minutes
- _utmc - This cookie operates in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user. In particular, this cookie is not provided with an expiration date, so it expires when the user exits the browser
- _utmz - This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach our site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within our own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site.
- Targeting cookies - Cookies may be placed on your device by our third party service providers which remember that you have visited a website in order to provide you with targeted adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests. This is often called online behavioural advertising (OBA) (also known as ‘behavioural targeting’ or ‘interest based advertising’) and is done by grouping together shared interests based upon previous web browsing activity. We currently use no cookies in this category.
In the case of marketing communications, Palintest use Constant Contact to provide our email service and therefore your data will be processed by them to receive our marketing emails. We will always allow you to unsubscribe from this form of communication within the email itself. Alternatively you can email email@example.com directly to ask to be removed from our email list.
If you do not wish to be contacted in any form by our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.